Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is CGA Consulting NSW Pty Ltd (ABN 69 164 562 921) of 65 Boronia Street, Redfern NSW 2016 telephone number 0410 695 659. (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 00.01am on 1st March 2017 and closes at 11.59pm on 31 March 2017 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to all residents of Australia, aged 18 years and over who are a registered user of the YFronts app (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the minor prize competition
5) To enter a monthly minor prize competition, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) be a registered YFronts app user (providing a full name and email address); and
b) Post to the YFronts Newsfeed strategies or examples of promoting health and wellbeing.
c) The top 10 Newsfeed posts with the most likes and comments in a given month will be eligible for a minor prize (of a Fitbit Charge or $200 voucher). The best Newsfeed post will be judged by the Promoter and awarded by the 3rd of each month (3 December, 3 January, 3 February, 3 March).
d) A YFronts user can only win one of these monthly prizes once.
Entry into the major prize competition
6) To enter the major prize competition of a free return economy flight to Europe, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period:
a) be a registered YFronts app user (providing a full name and email address); and
b) complete an online survey during March 2017 and provide the most original and creative answer (as judged by the Promoter) to the question: ‘How has the YFronts app helped you to maintain your mental health and wellbeing?’ in 100 words or less.
c) All entries must be the original work of the entrant; and
d) Indicate they have read and accept these terms and conditions by ticking the box.
7) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
8) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry only (multiple entries are not permitted).
9) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
11) Entries for the minor and major prize competitions will be judged by the Promoter and they will be judged based on originality and creativity of the response to the question.
12) Judging will take place at 12pm on Friday 7th April 2017 at 65 Boronia Street, Redfern NSW. Judging will be conducted by CGA Consulting NSW Pty Ltd and Indigenist Consulting.
13) The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
14) There will be four minor prizes, consisting of: 1) a Fitbit Charge HR activity tracker (valued at $175); 2) 3 $200 voucher to Bunnings or TackleWorld Australia. The winning user can select the minor prize they are most interested in that is still available.
15) There will be one major prize. The maximum total prize value is AU$3000.00 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes. The Major Prize consists of: one (1) return adult economy flight tickets from any major city in Australia to UK/Europe on the Qantas/Emirates network.
16) The winner of the major prize competition will receive notice of the prize by phone or email, along with instructions on how to book, on Friday 7th April 2017.
17) CGA Consulting NSW Pty Ltd and TTA Resource Group accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
18) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking.
19) Prize must be claimed prior to 15th December 2017 and travel must be booked by 31st December 2017. Prize is valid for travel between 1st April 2017 and 31 March 2018. Blackout dates apply. Prize travel must be completed by 31 March 2018.
20) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. Frequent flyer points may not be accrued. Airport taxes and fuel surcharges are not included. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
21) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
22) The major prize winner will be notified by email by Friday 10th March 2017 and their name will be published on the http://www.yfrontsaustralia.com/ website on Saturday 11th March 2017.
Judging backup entries
23) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional two entries to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. If the prize that remains unclaimed on Friday 15th December 2017, the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause 12 will be notified by phone and email by Saturday 16th December 2017 and will also be published on the http://www.yfrontsaustralia.com/ website on Saturday 16th December 2017.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
24) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
25) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
26) The exclusion of liability in clause 26 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
28) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
29) Apple is not liable or a sponsor of any of the prizes/competitions in the app.